Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend



Happy Monday!

Whew! Another whirlwind weekend!

And you know what? I love my husband! He's given me the best Christmas present ever by giving me money to make sure Rachel and Emilie had good Christmases. That's worth more than all the presents in the world!

Now on to my weekend.

Saturday morning I went looking for red and green T-shirts, since Scott decided he wanted to be an elf for the party we were going to Saturday night. None to be found, however, I did find an "Elf Gone Wild" t-shirt in red and a t-shirt in green that he could use to make his costume. He bought an elf hat, and since he already had red and green tights and elf shoes, he was almost all set. I had to make him a "naughty and nice" book to write names and we bought him a candy cane pen to use. I'll post pictures when I get them. His costume turned out rather well.

I also did a mountain of laundry on Saturday, so I was ready for some fun.

We got to the party around 7 p.m., and everyone had a good laugh. At around 8 p.m. Santa showed up! It was a hoot because Santa was his good friend, Dave, and we didn't know Dave was showing up as Santa, and Dave didn't know Scott was showing up as an elf. They even "sang" karaoke "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" together - if you can call it singing. It sounded more like something in a lot of pain. :-) But we had a really good time.

Sunday morning we got up early, did some shopping at the grocery store, and I wrapped all the presents I had bought.

Scott and I weren't buying for each other this year, but I'll tell you what I got him, if you promise not to tell. Promise? All righty then, I'll tell you. I put together an "I'm nuts about you" box. I bought a huge can of whole cashews, a huge can of mixed nuts, a summer sausage, 4 packs of microwave popcorn, and 4 DVD's. Now he'll have a weekend survival kit.

And I know he bought me something, too, because Christy let slip that they had to wrap "them". That means more than one, right? Hmmmm...wonder what it is....they are conspiring, because last night when we were at their house, they were whispering together. She never could keep secrets....I'll make her spill....

We took naps and watched TV and read and went for chinese food, and had a lazy day on Sunday. Which I needed, very badly.

No comments: