This beautiful card was done by Shelly Hinkle, who shares this technique with us.
- ¼ Sheet Glossy White Cardstock
- White Crayon
- Non-Smear Black Ink Pad
- Dye ink Pad (I use a Big & Juicy Pad)
- Brayer or sponge*
1. Stamp your image or images in black on glossy white cardstock. I left a space open to stamp my saying later as I think it looks sharper that way.
2. Color with white crayon where you would like a highlight (white area) to be on your image or images.
3. Brayer over the image to cover the entire glossy cardstock piece. Start with your brayer off the glossy cardstock and then brayer repeatedly back and forth over the card stock until you achieve a deep, glossy color and finish. You may need to re-ink your brayer. By starting with the brayer off the cardstock you avoid getting smudges from the brayer at your starting point.
4. Let dry.
5. Use Kleenex to rub the crayon off your images and then buff your whole piece of brayered cardstock with a fresh Kleenex. The crayon will have acted as a resist in any areas where it was when you brayered the ink.
6. Stamp greeting or saying stamp on front of card, if needed.
7. Finish card as desired.
*If you don’t have a brayer, you can sponge ink over the images.