Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two more days....


until Thanksgiving! I can't wait to sink my teeth into the succulent turkey, the creamy mashed potatoes and gravy, the cornbread stuffing. I would rather have seconds of the food than eat the dessert. Yummy!

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We will get together with my daughter and her family. We will have enough food to feed the entire neighborhood. But that's okay, I love leftovers just as much as the first time around.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?

Here's mine: A couple of years ago my daughter was going to cook the turkey. It was her first time with the turkey, and she assured me and my hubby that she had things under control. She got up at 5 a.m. (unheard of for her) and got the bird in the oven. When we got there later, my hubby opened the oven door to baste the bird, and the oven caught on fire. He slammed the oven door closed, the flames went out, opened the door, flames erupted again. The house filled with smoke and the smoke detectors went off. Now, her house is very large, and with tile floors, the smoke detectors reverberated. Very noisy. We opened all the windows and doors and cleared the house out. Come to find out, every time she checked on the bird, she added water, so eventually it overflowed the pan and dripped on the element, causing it to catch fire. She assures me this will not happen again.

I hope you have been enjoying the fall cards I've made. Have a great day!

No comments: