Monday, December 1, 2008

December

Oh, my goodness, I can't believe December is already here! It seems like just yesterday it was summer.

I apologize for not posting for the last little while. I have truly been under the weather for over a week. It started with the scratchy throat last week, and by Thursday I was severly congested in my head and chest. I would wake up every morning with a migraine, which means Imitrex, but also with a sinus headache, which would only go away after standing in the shower with the water as hot as I could stand it, blasting the top of my head. So, I didn't do a whole lot of anything. I filled a few orders, and that was about it. Not the way I wanted to spend a 5-day holiday, let me assure you.

Now, on to better things.



I have made a variety of Christmas cards this year, and I want to share some of them with you. I think this has become my favorite. The scan doesn't do the card justice. In the scan there is a shadow on the card because of the dotted swiss texture, which isn't there in real life. But it's a cute, cheery card. The stamp was one I got at Michael's for $1, and it just begged to be layered on the red dotted swiss paper. To cover the seam between the paper and the embossed cardstock, I just put a green ribbon that matched the "cheer" in the glass, and it was done. I made several of these, and some of the scalloped circles are green and some are red. I'm not sure which is my favorite yet.

I'll post another card tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: