Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn

Autumn is one of my favorite times of year. The weather has cooled, I can open up my windows in my house, and it's just a beautiful time. Unfortunately, we don't have leaves that change colors as you do in the north, but I still like the cool, crisp weather (and being able to snuggle at night).


Here is an autumn card I made:



I love making this background. It's simply white cardstock, then I smeared it with a distressed pad (I either used Antique Linen or Old Paper). After it dried, I smeared it with a white Brilliance inkpad. I let that dry, then drew in my "boards" with a black marker. I think it looks like old lumber, don't you? I stamped the leaves on some "fossil stone" paper I had left over from another project, and then cut them out with scissors and adhered to the cardstock. The stamp is by The Angel Company. Hope you enjoy.


Have a wonderful, crafty day!

1 comment:

freida said...

WOW! I love how you made your background....very creative! This is an awesome card! TFS!

freida