Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Joseph's Coat Inside Out

I read a lot of blogs every day, and I ran across this technique on the Stamps, Paper Scissor blog, which you can find here: http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2007/09/index.html I have to warn you, this gal has a sense of humor.....

Bold stamps by The Angel Company, background writing stamp by Hampton Arts

This was a fun card to make. Unlike the traditional Joseph's Coat technique, this one uses plain cardstock, not glossy. And it was actually very easy to make, and looks good. My kind of card!
In a nutshell, you stamp your background image on light colored cardstock. Add some colors by sponging. You don't have to cover the whole card. Then you ink up some bold stamps with versa-mark, stamp them on the background, and emboss with clear embossing powder. Now, take some darker ink pads and sponge it on the card. When you are done, take a tissue and wipe off the embossing. Viola! A very pretty card. The details on Stamps, Paper, Scissors, is much more detailed and has pictures, so hike on over there and check it. out.

If you make one, post a link back here so we can check it out.


Other good news....my step-son is home from Iraq! He's at Ft. Stewart, GA, but he's back in the states after completing his 2nd tour. Woohoo! Now we can actually watch the news again...

It turned COLD last night! Brrrr....it was in the 40's, which is very cool for here. I slept with the bedroom windows up, though, and it was very refreshing. I sleep much better when it's cold. Even the cats were content to be inside for the night. I love this weather, though, and can't get enough of it. It will be hot soon enough, and will last way into the fall, so give me cold weather while I can get it.

Talk to you again soon....


No comments: