Monday, March 24, 2008

Cuttlebug Technique

Whew! I can't believe it's been a week since I have posted. But March is turning out to be a busy, busy month for me. And it's not done, yet. Saturday is my daughter's birthday. Usually May is our busy month, but for some reason this year March is running a very close second.

I was playing around with a new stamp and a new technique (at least it's new to me) today, and wanted to share the results.

I believe the stamp is by Rubber Stampede, but the technique I was telling you about uses the cuttlebug embossing folders. You open the folder, and ink the negative image (the side with the cuttlebug title/logo), insert your paper and emboss. The ink gets down in the hollows. I used white cardstock to emboss so you could see the contrast, but you could use any color cardstock you want. You will want to clean your embossing folder immediately, so as not to stain it. I think it adds a different dimension to the texture.

If you don't want to hear me whine, stop reading now...lol. My back has been hurting all weekend. It's not completely out, but it sure does hurt. It seems like every weekend something is wrong that I don't get to enjoy it to the fullest. Getting old sure isn't for sissies, as my (younger) hubby likes to tell me. Don't worry, he's not THAT much younger than I am. And he's learned not to make fun of aging...hehehe.

We had a nice Easter, how about you? We had dinner with the kids and my son-in-law's parents, then we watched Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest. Johnny Depp is just too good as a pirate. It's funny, but those are the only movies I really like him in.

Ok, I'm off to think of a special for this week. By the way, I put the rest of the punches that are left in the Clearance section at http://www.mypapermoon.com. Check them out.

No comments: