Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cuttlebug


Woohoo! I got a little bit of time to play today with my new "bug". Here are some cards I made with the Stylized Flowers embossing folder.


The blue and green card was embossed on glossy white cardstock, then I added starburst stains in blue and green (Lindy's Stamp Gang). I stamped the saying on white cardstock and rounded the corners. I tried stamping it on white cardstock and then using the starburst stains to color it and then attach it with green ribbon, but the colors blended in with the background and it was almost invisible. So I think the white was the best choice.

The card on the top right was embossed on regular cardstock and colored with Colorbox cats eye chalk pads. It's really much prettier in real life. The colors are more vibrant, I think.

The card on the bottom left was embossed on a pearl cardstock then touches of color were added with the cats eye chalk pads by Colorbox.

The card on the bottom right was embossed on pearl cardstock, then colored with Brilliance Lightning Black. While it was still wet, I wiped it off with a paper towel, leaving color in the creases. It, too, is much more striking in real life.

So, that was what I made while I was playing with the Cuttlebug. I think it's going to be my new favorite toy for awhile.

Just a word or two about the starburst stains. These are great! I only have 3 colors, but I love them and plan on getting more in the future.

Talk to you soon....

No comments: