Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Christmas cards and cards for the troops

Yes, I know it's only February, but I like to get a head start on my Christmas cards. Every January I challenge myself to make 5 Christmas cards a month. That's all I'm required to make, just 5. If I'm on a roll and having a good time, that's all well and good, I can make as many as I like, but I HAVE to make 5. By the time December rolls around, if I've only made the 5 required per month, I have 60 Christmas cards all ready made and ready to go. Here is one of the cards I made in January.



There are 6 stamps used to make this card. Stamps are from Dream Impressions.


It's a good thing I had all those cards made this past year, because in November I received a request for Christmas cards to send to the troops, and I ended up sending 150 Christmas cards that I had made, and still managed to make about 60 more to send to my friends. I wouldn't have been able to do that if I hadn't already had some cards made, so for me it's a personal thing. I would like to challenge you to make 5 Christmas cards a month, too. Leave me a comment and let me know if you are taking the challenge.


Speaking of cards to send to the troops, I have had a request from a Captain for cards for the troops to use to write home to their loved ones. These would be blank cards for them to write in, not cards that you are writing in for them. If you have cards laying around that need a good home, I would be delighted to send them to the troops. I have done this before, and I can tell you, the cards go very quickly, and there is always a request for more. If you are a demonstrator for Stampin' Up or The Angel Company or Close To My Heart or one of the other companies, and you have sample cards using retired sets, this is a great way to clean them out. And if you would like to put your contact info on them (just in case a stamper ultimately gets the card and wants to see what you have), that's great too. I would request that you send envelopes for the cards, as this gets quite expensive if I have to supply the envelopes and the postage to mail them to Iraq. I am getting together a box right now, so if this is something you think you would like to do, please email me at mypapermoon512@aol.com and let me know to wait for your cards. I can assure you they are greatly appreciated.


Hope you have a wonderful evening. Talk to you soon.

No comments: