Friday, October 12, 2012

Last Halloween - at least for now...

Hope you have been enjoying my posts.

This is the last Halloween card....at least for now.

The outside of the card folds in towards the middle, and has a sugar skull and creepy images stamped on the orange cardstock.  The inside is where it gets interesting.


When you open the card, the left and right sides are patterned paper to cover the orange cardstock. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make the haunted house. I embossed the haunted house folder on the blue cardstock, then embossed it again on black cardstock.  I used a bronze marker to color the fences and the posts on the top of the house (blue cardstock). I also cut out the moon and put some yellowish cardstock behind the blue to show through. And a black marker to color the bats.

 Then I cut out the house from the black cardstock, and using an X-acto knife cut out the window and put green cardstock behind it. I colored the rest of the windows black, then used glossy accents to make the "glass".  I sprayed Goosebumps spray over the whole black house to give it texture.

Then I stamped the $1 "Happy Halloween" sentiment and adhere it to the bottom.  I made some similar cards last year, but I have new people to send them to this year.

Hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoy making them.

Do something crafty!


No comments: