Friday, October 5, 2012

Another autumn card

Did I tell you how much I like autumn and autumn leaves?


This was another experiment, using a stamp set from The Angel Company. This is my favorite fall set. I just love this leaf. I think you can click on the picture and get a larger version of the card.

I basically did it the same as I did the card in the previous post: I stamped the handwriting stamp on the glossy cardstock  with Versamark and let dry. This acted as a resist. I used blended alcohol ink and let the Versamark handwriting show through.  Then I stamped the leaves.  Not all of the resist showed up, so I spritzed with alcohol, which gave it the spotted look.  Then I "painted the leaves with various colors of alcohol inks (some were Ranger and some were Copic refills).  When they were dry I covered them with Ranger Glossy Accents, and while that was still wet, I sprinkled (very sparingly) some copper/gold/orange glitter.  When it was dry, I used a leftover piece of brown cardstock (I made it to look like woodgrain) and stamped the ":fall is best of all" sentiment.  I used a marker to make little "nails". Lots of texture in this card also.  And I like the fact that it's one layer but looks like more.

I was pleased with the way it came out.  

I hope you get to be crafty today.  :-)



1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is truly beautiful x