Monday, January 12, 2009

Black and White

I apologize for not posting Saturday. I didn't have phone/internet for the weekend. A mixed blessing? Anyway, I'm here now, and let's get to it, shall we?

This month I have been challenged to make 4 cards that are black and white only. At first thought, I was kind of intimidated, but after I started working on it, I could have made quite a few more than 4. Here is the first one:



I chose a winter snowflake theme for the first card. The black snowflakes are stamped on white cardstock. On top of this I put a layer of black with white dots patterned paper in the center of the card. On top of this There is a layer of black textured cardstock, then a strip of white mulberry paper that I tore.

I punched out some white snowflakes and put icicle glitter glue on them and adhered them to the white mulberry paper. I embellished them with rhinestones and pearls (as I also did the black snowflakes on the white paper). I cut a small piece of white mulberry paper and stamped "let it snow" with black ink. I matted on a small piece of black cardstock and adhered it to the card. I really like the way it turned out.

It's a yucky day here in the sunshine state, with no sunshine in sight at all. I have a sinus headache, and I just have an all-round yucky feeling today. Stay warm where you are and I'll have another black and white card tomorrow.

No comments: