Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Black and White #4

Oooohhh, another chilly day in Florida. Chilly? What am I thinking? It's downright COLD! Brrrr. I definately didn't want to get out of bed this morning. It's only 47 degrees right now in the middle of the day. When it gets this cold in Florida, to us it is cold.


On to the last of my black and white cards:
I really liked the way this one turned out, and it was very easy to do. What could be better than that?

I stamped the image (from Hero Arts) onto white cardstock with black palette ink. I distressed the edges and matted it onto black cardstock, using eyelets.

I put a piece of Magic Mesh around my brayer, and inked it up with white gesso. You could also use white acrylic paint. I brayered this over my black cardstock for the background. If you weren't making a black and white card, you could use any color acrylic paint you wanted to to complement your color scheme. This actually looks messier than it is. If you don't have a brayer, you could also put the magic mesh onto the cardstock and sponge your colors on. And if you don't have magic mesh, a piece of mesh ribbon would also work.

I cut a piece of black and white ribbon to fit on the front of the card and adhered it with glue. Then I placed the matted image over top and viola! Another card done.

I've given you come ideas to work with. I hope I've inspired you to create something today.


No comments: