Monday, December 8, 2008

Punched Frame Card

Good afternoon! I apologize for not posting over the weekend, but I just ran out of time. Saturday was my hubby's company Christmas party, and this year they did it a little different. Usually everyone goes out to dinner and the company spends lots of money, and when we are done we can say we've been out to eat and that's about it. My hubby is such a good cook that this year he offered to cook the Christmas party fare, and we had it at his employer's home. The money that was saved is going to go to some needy families for Christmas.

Even though my hubby cooked all day, and served during dinner, it was a rousing success, and everyone commented on how they enjoyed the closeness and the food better than when we all meet at a restaurant, so I guess that's what we will do from now on.

Anyway, I dropped him off Saturday morning, and I went shopping the rest of the day, until time to return for dinner. I spent more money than was on my budget, but I got my granddaughters Christmas from Santa, as their dad has to take a mandatory week off from work after Christmas, and it's with no pay.

Today I want to share a card I made using a corner punch for the frame. I got the idea (and instructions) from Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace. She has amazing projects. Here is my take on the project:

This card uses a corner punch, and is very easy to make. You can make rectangle frames, and I would think you could make circles as well. I think she has a tutorial on her blog, so I will have to check it out. All you need to be able to do is draw lines and punch.


I will post more cards this week (and onward until I run out).

1 comment:

Shelly said...

What a wonderful thing for Scott to do! And I bet the food was better too. : )

Your card is fantastic. The frame is so pretty. It sure doesn't look easy to do.