Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I love Autumn

I love autumn.  There is just something about that time of year. The cooler mornings, the leaves changing colors.  I just love it.  Of course, in Florida, we don't have the crispness of the air like in, say, New England, but you can still smell the "newness" of the air. It's not so humid, it's not so hot. And you know it's just a matter of time before the weather gets cool enough to turn off the A/C and open the windows and let the cool breeze blow through the house. Mmmmmm....I love autumn.

And autumn leaves.  Here is a small stamp I got from The Angel Company several years ago.  I like the smallness, since you can use it so many ways.


(The scan is crooked, not the card.)  Anyway. the background for the leaf was made by stamping the handwriting stamp on glossy cardstock with Versamark. I dried it with my heat gun, then used alcohol inks to color the cardstock. I like the way the Versamark resisted the alcohol ink.  Then I stamped the little leaf, and "painted" it with alcohol ink and blending solution.  I layered that on a piece of brown cardstock that I had run through an embossing folder in my Cuttlebug, then used a dark brown ink to  highlight the raised parts.  Then I layered in on another piece of brown cardstock, and onto a piece of patterned paper.  I added the pearls to give it a little interest. Lots of textures going on here, but it was a fun card to make. And easy, really.

What is your favorite season of the year?

I hope you have a crafty day...



No comments: