What you will need:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch bits
- 1/4 cup Heath bar toffee bits
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in 13 x 9 pan and heat in oven until melted. Remove from oven
- Place dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
These bars remind me of bars I used to get at a bake sale when I was in high school (that's going back quite a ways). They were sooooo good, and I had never seen the recipe anywhere. When I saw this recipe in a magazine, it was very similar but not quite. The recipe in the magazine called for raisins and no butterscotch or toffee bits. I'm not a big fan of raisins, so I left them out and reduced the chocolate chips so I could add the butterscotch and toffee bits. The result is fantastic. Everyone who samples them wants the recipe, so I'm sharing it with you too. If you give it a whirl, leave a comment and let me know how you like them.