Thursday, July 5, 2012

Negative Shapes

Good morning!  Hope you enjoyed your holiday yesterday.  I know I did.  I'm just counting down the days until I get a week off for vacation. I don't have any plans to go any where, but it will be nice just to be able to have the time off.

Connie, who has Midwest Stampers, issued a challenge to use the negative shapes from punches in your art. You know what I mean - not the punched piece, but the piece that's left.

Anyway, here is one of my entries:



The white cardstock is what was left when I punched out the fern. I made a border using my Scor-It, then layered it onto a piece of glossy cardstock that I had made using the fossil stone technique. Stamped "thinking of you" (stamp by The Angel Company), added a little bling and I was done.  The picture isn't real sharp, but you get the idea.

Add a little color to your day!


1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful and elegent:)x