Monday, May 31, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Wedding

Good morning!  I hope you are enjoying Memorial Day, which is usually a signal that summer is beginning. Please take a minute to reflect on the true reason for this holiday...the sacrifice by many men and women to give us the freedoms we enjoy today.

We had a family cookout yesterday, and we all had a really good time. Good food, good friends and family, good times.

Last week I told you I was working on a wedding card.  I finished it up, and now I'm not sure if I like it or not.  So, I will share it with you, and I welcome all comments, both good and bad. I still have some time before the wedding, so I have time to remake it, if that's what you think I should do.

Here is the card I made:


I used the dotted swiss embossing folder to make the white background.  Then I used the floral embossing folder with white cardstock.  I punched it out, using a nestability die.  Then I stamped the "love - honor - cherish" on white cardstock and trimmed it with a nestability die.  I stamped the rings using the 2nd generation stamping (stamp off once before you stamp on the project), then used twinkling H2O's to color them gold.  I matted with a patterned paper.  

I liked it at this point.  But sometimes  I can't leave well enough alone.  So I used glitters in the colors of the patterned paper to color the flowers.  I should have either left them white or watercolored them, I think.  What do you think?  Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, both good and bad. I value your opinion.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day...until next time...do something crafty!

No comments: