Monday, May 10, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning!  This is the last day of my mini vacation and Birthday Bash here in the Florida Keys.  The Birthday Bash is our annual celebration of all the May birthdays, anniversary, and Mother's Day, and we have 1 big party instead of 7 little ones.  Sometimes we go to a theme park, but this year we chose the Keys for a 4 day get-away.  I love the Keys, so it was a perfect choice. I have limited time, so I'll have to share the fun later.

I told you last week if we had enough comments posted I would give away blog candy.  That didn't happen, so you are stuck with another Pick 3 Challenge.  I combined this with a challenge I had to use colors that you don't usually use together, and I thought I came up with a pretty good color combination.

Here are your choices:
1.  Something summery
2.  Eyelets
3.  Fringe
4   Punch
5.  The color Yellow
6.  Glitter

Pick 3 and play along.

Here is what I made:

This is an ATC sized card using the Sun stamp and vine stamp from My Paper Moon.  The sentiment is from The Angel Company.

The challenge to me was to use 2 colors that don't usually go together.  The burgundy and bright yellow were a natural choice, once I decided what I was going to make.

I stamped the sun onto yellow cardstock.  I stamped it twice, cut out just the face of the 2nd one, and applied crystal lacquer.  Let dry thoroughly, so you don't get smudges or fingerprints in it. 

While that was drying I used the vine stamp around the edges.  I colored it in with markers, making the berries a dark red (almost burgundy).

I colored in the sun's rays, then applied glitter glue and allowed to dry.  While that was drying, I punched a piece of white cardstock, then stamped the sentiment inside with yellow staz-on ink.  I used a burgundy marker to make faux stitches around it, then applied it to the bottom portion of the ATC. 

I used a pop dot to attach the sun's face.  Then I matted the whole thing onto burgundy cardstock.

I hope you have enjoyed today's pick 3 challenge.  If you decide to do the challenge, please leave a comment, and you can even leave a link to your beautiful creation.  I get inspiration from looking at other's work, so please share with me.

Also, today is the last day of the virtual stamp convention at Rubber Stamp Chat, so if you haven't checked it out, now would be a good time to do so.  Lots of vendors and sales.

Have a great week!

No comments: