Monday, November 2, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Faux Marble


Good morning! I hope everyone had a safe Halloween. The consensus with most of you was that you liked the green background on last week's card.

I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back this weekend. Daylight Savings Time is my hubby's biggest pet peeve. He says it gets his body and his routing all out of sync, and he complains for at least 2 weeks when the time changes. He's not as bad in the fall as he is in the spring.


Let's get on with today's card. I used the Faux Marble technique, which can be found in this month's Technique Junkie newsletter. If you aren't a member, you should check it out. Pat always has lots of interesting techniques, and I like the fact that it comes to you at home in a colored brochure, and there are lots of samples and bonus tutorials online. Instead of using a marker to make the marble veins, I used a cube stamp (Stampendous)I had had for awhile. I used 2 colors of brown inkpads with scrunched up waxed paper to make the marble. I really like the way it turned out. Just wad the waxed paper up and tap it on your inkpad. I did the light color first, then re-scrunched up the paper again and tapped it into the darker color. There is still plenty of the background showing through, so you don't need to feel like you have to get color on every little bit of cardstock.

The Autumn stamp is from The Angel Company. I used a nestability punch to punch out the white cardstock and the background. I colored the stamped area with copic markers.

I matted the whole thing onto copper stardream cardstock. I was pretty happy with the results.

Have a great week. And craft something.

No comments: