Monday, November 23, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Challenge

Good morning and welcome to Over The Moon Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. I went to a cookout for my nephew, who just finished Marine Corp boot camp. He has to leave to go back before Thanksgiving, so this was his Thanksgiving dinner. He wanted a cookout so his friends could come and visit with him.

Let's get started with today's challenge, shall we?

From my beginnings in scrapbooking, I have a ton of stickers. For today's challenge, I want you to use a sticker on your card. I needed a card for a baby shower (where the mother doesn't know the sex of the child ahead of time). Not having many baby stamps, I decided to improvise with what I had.

To make this card, I used:

  • 2 pieces of white cardstock, 1 cut to A2 size, and the other 4-3/4 x 3-3/4
  • a piece of green cardstock 5 x 4
  • a contrasting piece of yellow cardstock 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 (you could use patterned paper)
  • a Mrs. Grossman baby carriage sticker
  • Stampin' Up canvas background stamp
  • green dye ink
  • yellow ribbon
  • decorative border punch
  • words are computer generated


I stamped the green cardstock with the green dye ink using the canvas background stamp and set aside. I printed the words onto the yellow cardstock before cutting it out, then placed the baby carriage sticker.

I punched out the edge of the white cardstock, then layered the yellow cardstock close to the edge. I turned back the left edge of the cardstock (in this case by 1/2"), punched 2 holes and threaded my ribbon through it.

I then layered the green cardstock onto the folded white A2 cardstock, and lalyered the white cardstock on top of that.

A pretty simple card, but still looks elegant.

Now let's see what you do with this challenge. Please post a link to your creation in the comment section so we can all enjoy it and be inspired by your creativity.

Last week I got to spend an afternoon with my dear friend, Shelly, and I had a great time. We hardly ever get to see each other, with her illness and my work schedule, so it was really fun to be able to get together.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't eat too much turkey, and we'll meet back here next week for another Over The Moon Monday.

No comments: