Monday, September 28, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge



Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday. I hope you've had a great week. It was a busy one for me, but I got to enjoy some good barbeque at Q-Fest this weekend, so that was a lot of fun. My oldest granddaughter has had the flu and been out of school all week and she had cabin fever, so she spent Saturday and Sunday with me, and we had a great time.

This will be another Pick 3 challenge this week. I love the variety you get when you have multiple things to choose from. So, without further ado, here are the 6 things for you to choose from:
  • Webbing Spray
  • The color purple
  • Glitter
  • Ribbon
  • Something nautical
  • Cuttlebug folder

That's a pretty eclectic group of items. And you only have to pick 3 for your creation.

For my card, I chose the webbing spray (I always forget I have this), ribbon, and something nautical (stamp from TAC).

This is a card I made for a friend's husband, who had been ill. Masculine cards are sometimes difficult to make, but this one came together nicely. To begin, I took a piece of light blue cardstock and sponged some blue ink on it randomly. Then I sprayed gold webbing spray on it. I always forget I have the webbing spray, and I love the way it looks when I do remember I have it.

I used alcohol ink in denim and stonewash on a piece of glossy cardstock, then stamped the ship with permanent ink. I let it dry, then distressed the edges. I mounted this on white cardstock for a fram, and distressed the edges of that cardstock, also.

I punched out a buckle from a scrap of white cardstock, and embossed it with white embossing powder to make a white buckle that had some texture. I threaded a piece of navy ribbon with white polka dots through the buckle and adhered to the webbed cardstock. I mounted my ship on top of that and I was done. It looks much better in real life.

Why don't you choose 3 items from the above list, make a card, and share a link with us here in the comment section. I'd love to see what you do with it.

I also want to mention that I am creating a gallery on my website, so you will be able to see card samples made using My Paper Moon stamps. Check it out here. If you have a card or project made using stamps from My Paper Moon, and you would like to see it in the gallery, please send me a scan and I will be happy to upload it. Check back often, as I am just getting started uploading the cards, and it takes awhile...

No comments: