Monday, September 21, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend. I am so wishing for cooler weather. I am tired of the heat...by this time of the year I am so over it. I'm thinking it's kind of the same as some of our northern friends being over the winter, only in reverse.

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Now, on to the weekly challenge....another Pick 3 Challenge. In case you haven't participated before, here is how it works. I will give you 6 items to choose from. You need to pick 3 and use them on your card. Then, you can post a link to your creation in the comments section so we can all enjoy it.

Here are the items to choose from:
  • a rectangle shape
  • a buckle
  • anything with stripes
  • frame of any kind
  • buttons
  • chipboard

That gives you a pretty wide variety of items to choose from. The three I chose were the rectangle shape, stripes, and a frame.

The card is pretty self explanatory. The striped paper is a patterned scrapbook paper from the Dollar Tree. The rectangle shape and the frame are red cardstock that have been punched with a nestability scalloped rectangle die. The image is Jimmy Pin Drop from My Paper Moon. The whole thing is layered on a red card.

I made this card for my great-nephew, who is enduring Marine boot camp. I thought the guy with the big ear was perfect, since I hadn't heard from him yet and I'm "all ears" waiting on a letter.

Come on, share your creation with us....and have a great week!

No comments: