Monday, July 27, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I'm trying to figure out when to take a few days off so I can spend time with my granddaughters before they head back to school. I'd like to do something fun and special with them, but something that doesn't cost a lot of money, so if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment, and I'll let them choose a winner next week. And I'll send the winner a little something, so please leave a way to get in touch with you, or check back next Monday to see if you've won.

Today I thought we'd do another Pick 3 Challenge, since we haven't done one in a while. Just choose 3 of the following 6 items, then when you are done with your creation, please post a link in the comments section and share with us. Here we go....

  • Button
  • Flower
  • The color Yellow
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • alcohol inks
  • Ribbon
I actually used all of the above on this card, although the ribbon is actually a ribbon stamp (from The Angel Company).

I used the alcohol inks on a glossy cardstock, then stamped the images. On a separate piece of cardstock, I ran it through the cuttlebug and then smooshed a brown ink onto the raised part. I layered the glossy cardstock onto the embossed cardstock, then layered that on to the top left corner of the background cardstock. I stamped a ribbon stamp with brown ink onto a brown cardstock and cut it out. I put those onto the background cardstock in the lower right corner at a 45 degree angle. I put a silk flower in the corner and used a button that I had colored yellow as the center of the flower.

Don't forget to give me any suggestions for a fun time with my granddaughters, and have a great week!

No comments: