Monday, July 13, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - crayon resist

Welcome to another Over The Moon Monday! I hope your weekend was great! I spent some time with my daughter and granddaughter on Saturday, and Sunday I spent lazing around the house, fighting a migraine. But let's get on with today's challenge.

We are going to use a crayon to resist ink for today's challenge. I buy crayons for my granddaughter, who stays with me before school, and she loves to color, but we always have a white that's never used. Today we are going to use that crayon.

Here is the sample card, which was made by my friend, Shelly.

You will need:
• glossy cardstock
• kaleidacolor pad (or dye ink pad)
• white crayon
• facial tissue (Kleenex)
• permanent black ink
• brayer or sponge
• stamps of your choice


To begin, stamp your images onto glossy cardstock with permanent ink. Allow to dry, or you can heat set with your heat gun. Then take your white crayon and color in the images where you don't want color. Now load up your brayer with the kaleidacolor pad and brayer onto the glossy cardstock. You can also sponge ink onto the cardstock if you choose, but I think brayering give a much richer color. The white crayon will resist the ink. Now take the tissue and gently rub the cardstock to remove the white crayon.

The stamps used in the sample are from My Paper Moon.

I hope you have a wonderful week. Please link back to this blog with a link to your creation made using a crayon as a resist.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thanks for featuring my card, Becky. :)