Monday, June 22, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Stash Challenge

Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday at the blog. I hope you got to create this past week. I would love for you to share a link to your creations in the comment section.

Let's get on to today's challenge. I was looking around my studio at all the "stuff" I have been saving, and decided today would be a good day to challenge you to pick 3 items out of your stash that you haven't used in a long time, and make something with them.

When I went to my stash, I pulled out clear micro-beads, stardream cardstock (very shimmery), and a tag die. I can't remember the last time I used any of these products, so I pulled them out. This is my creation:
You can't really see the shimmer of the stardream cardstock, but it's gorgeous in real life. Anyway, I ran a piece of the gold through my cuttlebug with an embossing die. I used Coffee Bean Brilliance to accent the highlighted part of the cardstock, trimmed, and mounted it onto the card front, which is also gold stardream cardstock.

I then stamped the floral image (The Angel Company) onto white cardstock and colored with copic markers. When I had completed the coloring, I stippled Brilliance Galaxy Gold onto the image. Then I applied red liner tape to the image area and cut it into a circle with a nestability die. I removed the liner and poured clear micro-beads onto the image, smooshing them down so they would stick to the exposed tape.

This is a close up of the beaded area. I made 3 attempts at using these beads, and finally got this one right. You can't really see, it just looks out of focus on the scan, but it gives it a muted shiny look, which I really like. I need to use my beads more often.

I layered the beaded image onto a textured piece of yellow paper, and layered that onto a piece of brown cardstock that had also been cut with a nestability die into a scalloped circle. I took a piece of gold stardream cardstock, layered a piece of green cardstock onto that and put a piece of gold mesh ribbon on top.

I punched a tag from gold stardream cardstock and stamped "hello friend" on it with timber brown staz-on ink. I edged it with coffee bean Brilliance ink. I run a piece of gold thread through the hole and punched a hole in the scalloped circle medallion. I adhered that to the gold/green/mesh layer and viola! The card was complete.

I need to go through my stash and use things more often, how about you? When you do, please share your creation with us by posting a link in the comments section.

Until next time, do something crafty!

No comments: