Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Card For My Friend and other important stuff

Stamp credits: Stampabilities and Stampendous
Hello! I wanted to post a card I made for my friend who had surgery yesterday. I've never met her in person, but she's my online friend, and I wanted her to know she was missed and being thought about. The horses are from Stampabilities, the crackled background is a stamp from Stampendous. The rest I did with masks and stipple brushes. I colored the horses with sharpie markers.


We didn't have any rain today! Yippee! It's hot and humid, though. Typical summertime weather in the Sunshine State. I will be on vacation (sort of) the next 2 weeks, and I'm looking forward to going to the pool with my granddaughters and getting some work done around the house. It's too expensive to go anywhere, but it will be good to not have to get up and go to work. I will have to come in a couple of days for an hour or two and write checks, but that's okay.


I am hearing a lot of "I'd like to see a newsletter". I was sure that you would want to see the techniques and news here, but I guess with a newsletter you don't have to remember to look at the blog. So I will be working on that in the near future. If you haven't already voted in the poll, please do so.


Another thing someone suggested was a Yahoo Group to share cards made with My Paper Moon / Stampsations / Moe Wubba stamps. This would be okay, except I don't have time to moderate and run a Yahoo Group. If you are interested in moderating and running a Yahoo group, I will be happy to set it up and post from time to time. If we are only using it for a photo album, there shouldn't be much work on your part. I just don't want to put something else on my plate right now if I am developing a newsletter in addition to added responsibilities at my day job. So think it over, and if you would be willing to be the moderator, let me know.


We'll talk again soon...


Becky

No comments: