Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just Because...

I have read a couple of places online about purchasing flowers at your craft store and using them on your cards. So, I decided to give it a try. I got lots of flowers from the stems, and I even cut a few of the leaves and saved them for later use. The above card uses a couple. I like the pearl bead in the center. Small flowers and flat flowers work best. The daisies I got came in several different sizes. I like the white ones because you can tint them with your reinkers or inkpads and make them whatever color you choose. I have even watercolored them for a soft look.

I think summertime has finally found it's way to Florida. It has been really hot for the last few days, and it's unbearable. If we got rain during the day, it would only make it more humid and muggy, but we could use some rain during the evening or night. Everything is brown looking and one good rain would green things up. A couple of days it has turned dark like we would get some rain, but it goes either to the west or south of us. Kind of like today. We don't need the lightning to start fires, but we do need the rain.

When I get my new rubber, I need to either give out some stamps as blog candy or have a contest so you can win some. Which would you rather see? Take my poll (located at the top left of the page) and let me know.

What have you been up to lately? Talk to you soon...

No comments: