Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cuttlebug and Foil

I know it's been awhile since I posted. My bad. Had a lot of stuff going on, like my granddaughter's softball tournaments (that I HAD to attend - they lost in game 4), and her graduation from elementary school. And don't forget the lunch I had with her and her class when they roasted hot dogs on their solar roasters. And lots of orders. That's a good thing.

For those of you who have asked about the ostrich stamp, they should be back in stock shortly. I'm working with my rubber presser to get lots of them made. Also, the new stamps should be here shortly too, and I'm excited.

For today, though, I was playing with my cuttlebug embossing folders and some regular old aluminum foil. (You know, the one with the tab in the end to lock the roll in place - which I never knew until recently). This is what I came up with:

Isn't it pretty? This is how I made it. I glued a piece of regular aluminum foil onto a piece of cardstock. When the glue has dried (you don't even want to know what happens when the glue isn't dry and you run it through the machine) THEN you can run it though the cuttlebug with the embossing folder of your choice. It looks pretty just like that, but I took some staz-on pads in red, yellow and black and dabbed and smeared and generally made a mess. I also spritzed it with 91% alcohol, and rubbed it with a cotton ball until I was happy with it. I REALLY like the way it turned out, don't you?

See you soon.....

Becky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is an incredible work of art! Guess where my foil is going this weekend ;b
Thanks for this!
Helen, Cape Town

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an incredible look. I really like it and might try to figure out how to do it...don't have a cuttlebug. Anyway, beautifully done!

Lesley said...

Great Becky. I did a similar class with 2 egroups a couple of months ago, but went one step further, added acetate on top!

Didn't know you had a blog now, will keep watching it.

Lesley Clark

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

I LOVE what you did with ordinary aluminum foil and cardstock . . . it looks FABULOUS, Becky!!!!