Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Criss Cross Card



Today I wanted to share my Criss Cross Card with you. This is a cute card to make and very versatile. I like the little card you put in the middle pocket...you can make it for any occasion. I can picture this as a cute birthday card. You could use the middle pocket for the sentiment, tickets, checks, or just about anything you desire.

To make the card, you need:

  • 2 pieces of cardstock, 4-1/4 x 11 (card base) (I used 2 different colors, pink and green)
  • 1 piece of coordinating paper, 4 x 5 (this was my white layer I stamped on)
  • 1 piece of cardstock, 3-3/4 x 5 (for insert)
  • 1 piece of cardstock or coordinating paper 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 (to layer on the insert, if desired)

Take the two pieces of cardstock which will make up the card base and score each one at 5-1/2". Take one of the pieces and cut diagonally from the center top to the bottom left. Take the other piece and cut diagonally from the center top to the bottom right. Adhere these together to make the base, putting adhesive along the sides and bottom, leaving the top open. For adhesive, you can use either a glue or the double sided redliner tape.

Stamp on the coordinating layer if you aren't using patterned paper. This is where I stamped my pink flowers. Cut and adhere to the front.

Use the other 2 pieces of cardstock/paper to make your insert. You can stamp, print, and embellish your insert, to name a few.

You can embellish the front of the card as desired, adding a sleeve, flowers, bling, etc. I left mine very plain, so you could see how the card fits together. If you make one and post to your blog, please link back so we can all enjoy your creation.

Talk again soon...



1 comment:

Audrey Huffman (huffpede@yahoo.com) said...

I loved your adaptation of the criss cross card. I just got through making 110 of them for our daughters wedding invitations. It was a lot of fun and she and her finance' thought they were awesome... I love how you did yours with such a "spring" look to them. Thanks for sharing. Audrey Huffman of
http://myinkyfun.blogspot.com