Today I want to share a lovely pendant/ornament I received with you. It's the Spirelli technique. Makes you think of a spirograph doesn't it?
My friend Carol sent me this lovely piece:
This technique works well with any scalloped shape (and is a good way to use up some of those fibers in your stash).
- I start with a piece of double sided tape on the back of my shape.
- I lay the end piece of the thread onto the tape and bring up through one of the indentions.
- Then take the thread down one of the scallops indentions. The look of the finished piece will change, depending on the spacing of your threads. You can make a tight pattern with a lot of inner space (for stamping), or you can make a smaller pattern (or even no spacing at all if you put your thread straight across).
- Bring your thread back up in the next indention and continue with an over/under pattern until you are completely back around the piece.
- The above piece goes through every indention twice to make the pattern.
My friend used a metallic thread and used a metal button for the center.
Other uses for those fibers you've been saving:
- Use instead of ribbon when wrapping presents.
- Use to make animal fur for stamped images
- Hair on your stamped people
- Use to make borders on your scrapbook pages (or cards)
- Use them to "hang" charms or embellishments
- Use them for "fence" wire.
Come on, let's add to this list...Just leave a comment and tell me what your favorite use for fibers are. Then pull them out and use them.
Put some color in your day.