Monday, March 1, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Green Challenge

Good morning and welcome to Over The Moon Monday here on the blog.  Did you have a good weekend?  I can't believe it's March already and it's still cold. Did you stay warm?  If you live in the northeast, I hope your power stayed on and you were able to stay warm and cozy.  It's been very cool here in Florida, but I am enjoying it.

Let's do a color challenge this week.  Since March is the month for St. Patrick's Day, how about having a green challenge?  I know exactly the stamp I want to use.  I don't have many St. Patrick's Day stamps, but I have a little guy named Shamrock Sam, and he's a cutie. I have put him on sale for you, too.  Go check him out.  I hope you like him as much as I do.

  To make this card, I first cut a card base for an A2 card (5-1/2 x 8-1/2) and scored it. I cut a piece of medium green cardstock for the bottom of the card, and a piece of patterned paper for the top.  You can cut it half and half or in any proportion you want.  My patterned paper is less than half of the card, so I used the medium green for the rest.

I thought the plain green was too plain, so I used a Stampin' Up canvas stamp to give it some texture. It still wasn't quite what I was going for, so I added a little drywall tape, then used white gesso and gold acrylic paint and sponged it on the tape, then removed the tape.  That gave it more texture, and I was happy with it.

I cut out a piece of white cardstock with a nestability die, then stamped Shamrock Sam in the center. I colored him with alcohol markers. I put the die back on the cutout, then sponged green ink around the image. He's a leprechaun, right?  So he needs some gold bling.  I found some gold glitter that I've had forever, and it was very chunky, so I added a little glue under the image and put the glitter on. Now it looks like he's gathering gold and putting it in his bags.

Before I adhered the image to the card, I glued a piece of dark green ribbon over the seam where the two papers come together, then adhered the image.  I punched 4 hearts out of a lighter green paper, and adhered to the card to make a 4 leaf clover. I used a green marker to loosely outline the hearts.

I don't have a St. Patrick's saying stamp, so the words are computer generated.

I hope you have enjoyed today's card and I have inspired you to create something. If you do, please leave a comment and a link to your creation so we can all ooh and ahhh over it.  I hope you have a great week, and you get to do something crafty.

Inky hugs,

No comments: