Monday, February 22, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday.  I hope the weather has been good where you are.  It's been cold here in Florida (not that I'm complaining...it's better than being too hot), but Sunday was a lovely day.  A true spring day, with birds singing.  I sat outside and read part of the day and really enjoyed it.  Maybe spring is finally on it's way. 

I haven't had a Pick 3 Challenge lately, and Ithink it's time to have another one, how about you?  So without further ado, let's get started.

If you haven't participated in a Pick 3 Challenge before, this is how it works:  I will pick 6 things.  You have to make a card or project using 3 of the 6 things I have chosen.  Then post a link to your work here at the website, in the comments section. It's pretty easy.

Here are the list of 6 things to choose from:

  1. Birds

  2. Jewels

  3. Blue

  4. Faux Stitching

  5. Dry Embossing

  6. Birthday


    For the challenge I made the following thank you card.  This is not a standard A2 card, but is about 3-1/2 x 3-1/2.


    I love this little bird stamp from My Paper Moon. 


    • I cut the 6 panels using a Provo Craft die.  I embossed 2 with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder.  To hightlight the dots, I ran a darker blue dye inkpad over the raised area. 

    • Two of the panels I cprayed with a gold mist spray. These were all cut from a left over piece of cardstock.

    • I stamped the birds onto a piece of beige cardstock, then colored with Copic markers. 

    • To make the foam of the seashore, I used a white Gelly Roll pen. I added a little glitter with a glitter pen to the sea, making it look like the sun glinting off the waves. 

    • I cut this out using a nestability die, then mounted onto beige cardstock that was cut a little largerl\

    • I stamped the "thank you" (The Angel Company) onto beige cardstock that I colored with Copic markers and cut out with the Provo Craft die.  I mounted this onto  a larger piece of cardstock (again fromt he scrap cardstock I used before) that was also cut with a Provo Craft die.

    • I stamped a faux zig zag stitch onto blue cardstock and mounted the thank you on it, then adhered to the card.
    To mail the card, I am using a standard A2 envelope, since postage would be more for a square envelope, and I'm trying to be thrifty.  Here is the envelope I made:
    Let's see what you have made.  Leave a link in the comment section to your creation.

    While I had that little sandpiper stamp out, I made another card. I cut a larger piece of cardstock with the nestability die for this one, and I used the faux flower soft (I don't know the name, but I think it's called fluff or something) for where the wave is breaking on the shore.  It's made from styrofoam, and I made a bunch. I put it in little baggies and colored it with reinkers. I've never used the real Flower Soft, but this is an economical substitute, and I love the way it looks.

    The background swirl stamps are from The Angel Company.

    I hope you have a wonderful week, and that you get to do something crafty.  See you again next time.


    1 comment:

    Term Papers said...

    Such a nice post, it is really interesting,you are really a hard worker guy, Thanks.