Monday, November 9, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Technique


Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday. This past week I saw a video on making "fluff" for your stamping. So I decided to try it out. It's really quite simple to do, and the results so far have been great.

I have left mine white, so far, and it looks like snow! It has a little sparkle to it, just like real snow. I put it on the large snowflake below. I wish you could see it close up. But, according to the video, you can color it with reinkers to get any color you want, and you can use it for flowers or grass (or anything else you can think of).

To make this wonderful faux product, you simply need white styrofoam balls. I got a bag of them at Michaels so I could try this technique out, but you can get them at any craft store. Then I simply rubbed them together, and they come apart. Do this over a sheet of paper, then transfer the rubbings to a zip lock bag. I left all mine white, but can take out any amount I want to color them for flowers, or grass. It goes a little quicker if you use a kitchen grater with very small holes.

Anyway, the video is here. Or here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tz3P9NOcY

If you try this out, let me know what you think. I have never tried Flower Soft, so I really can't compare, but leave us a comment with your observations.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I had a kind stamper tell me, "Hi, I haven't done the fluff yet, but I wanted to let you know if you do the shredding over a coffee filter it won't get all over the place. I also use coffee filters for my glitter & embossing powders, and
it has the same anti-static effect."

Thanks so much for the tip!

Shelly said...

I've never tired Flower Soft either, but your fluff sure looks beautiful.

Shelly said...

Do you think styrofoam would damage my salad shooter??? I could make fluff real fast with that.