Monday, September 7, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Technique Challenge



Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday.



Happy Labor Day! I have the day off, and I hope to spend it doing something fun. Yesterday we had a cookout with my daughter and her family, and that was a lot of fun. We don't do things like that often enough.

I've had intermittent issues with the internet, and so I won't be spending much time surfing the web.

Today I want to share a technique called Double Cuttlebugging. If you like the shabby chic look, you'll like this one.


To begin, I chose a cuttlebug folder (d'vine swirls) and ran my cardstock through it. I used a blue colored cardstock. When it was embossed, I ran a black inkpad over the raised area, which highlights the swirls. When the ink was dry, I took my bone folder and ran it over the cardstock so that it was flat again.

I ran the cardstock through the cuttlebug again, this time using a floral embossing folder. I again ran a black inkpad over the embossed area.

I added some irridescent sprays to the cardstock to give it a shimmer.

I stamped "Wish" (TAC) onto a piece of shimmery paper, rounded the corners on one side, and adhered to the embossed cardstock with 3 brads.

I trimmed and mounted the embossed piece onto a light brown cardstock.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday today...

No comments: