Monday, August 3, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning! Welcome to another Over The Moon Monday here at the blog.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't have any suggestions for having a fun time with my granddaughters, but we will manage to have a fun time anyway. I plan on taking them to the beach (even though I hate the sand), one day, and to see G-Force and school shopping at the mall another day. That way both are happy. :-) It's sometimes hard because of the age difference (one is 6 and the other 12), but I think we will all 3 have a good time.

It's another Pick 3 Challenge day, so here are the choices:
  • flower
  • scalloped edge
  • the color pink
  • a person stamp (man, woman, child, etc.)
  • newsprint or a page from an old book
  • something lacy
Here is my creation. I used some cardstock by Basic Grey, and although you can't tell it, I sponged brown ink on the left side of the card also. The cardstock already contained the writing.




I love the Rachel stamp, and use it quite often. Today I stamped her on a page from an old book I had previously altered. I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink on the page before I stamped the image, so it would have some color. I colored her in with alcohol ink markers. I stamped a flourish from Cherry Pie Art Stamps and took a tiny hole punch and punched some holes in the flourish so the cardstock underneath would show through. I then stamped "dream", a stamp from My Paper Moon. I also tore the edges and applied brown ink, then matted it on a scrap of cardstock that had previously been run though the cuttlebug with an embossing folder and distressed. (If you visit Cherry Pie, tell Marina I sent you).

I mounted the whole thing onto the distressed Basic Grey paper and adhered a golden rose at the corner. It turned out really nice. I like the way the printed paper comes through the stamped images.

I hope you take some time this week to play. I will be playing with my granddaughters for at least a couple of days, and I'm sure we'll have fun.

No comments: