Monday, August 17, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge


Good afternoon! Wow, what a weekend. My dear hubby was ill and I didn't get a chance to stamp all weekend! I think I'm having serious withdrawals. He never gets sick nor complains of being sick, and when he got me up at 3 a.m. Saturday morning to go to Wal-Mart to get him something for the pain, I knew he was really ill. It started with a sore throat, and he stayed home from work on Friday (another thing he NEVER does). He told me later he almost had me take him to the emergency room, that's how severe his throat hurt. He's allergic to doctors, so I can only imagine how sick he really is. He's home again today, but I went to work.

Anyway, on to our weekly challenge. Today is another Pick 3 Challenge. In case you are new, this is how it works. I will list 6 items and it's your job to choose 3 and make a card or project using those 3 items. Todays items are:
  • something night time
  • swirls
  • buttons
  • the color yellow
  • corner punch
  • jewels

I chose something nighttime, the color yellow, and jewels. I stamped the nighttime window stamp from My Paper Moon onto white cardstock. Using copic markers, I colored the moon and sky. I used a glitter pen to color the stars. I stamped the same image again, and cut out the cat, which I adhered with pop dots.

While I was at it, I used tiny jewels to make a collar for the cat. I put crystal glitter glue on the moon, which added a little pizzaz. I matted the image onto yellow cardstock, which I then matted onto light blue cardstock. I stamped and cut out the sentiment (from Sparkle and Sprinkle), colored the star and outlined the banner. I used pop dots to adhere it to the blue mat. I then matted this onto black cardstock.

On the white cardstock, I stamped a swirl stamp from The Angel Company (retired), and mounted the whole thing onto a black card.

It's your turn. Stamp something using 3 of the above items and share your creation with a link in the comment section. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hope you have a crafty week!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome Becky! Love the kitty! I have a blog award for you! http://andreasscraps.com/

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is Soooooh very sweet. That incredible colour contrast is so stunning it just makes my heart skip a beat! What a stunning image & the way you did the sentiment. PURE Gorgeousness! :o)