Monday, June 15, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Father's Day

Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday. I trust you have a wonderful week and got to spend some time crafting. Since Father's Day is fast approaching, I want to share a card I made for my husband for Father's Day this year.


Several years ago I attended a convention and bought a sheet of unmounted stamps. I have no idea who makes these stamps, but if you know, please post to the comment section. Anyway, my hubby likes to drink wine with dinner, and I've made so many fish/fishing cards until I know he's sick to death of them, so this idea just kind of leaped into my brain. I think he will like this card. I colored the wine bottle and the glass of wine with permanent markers. Then I covered them with Versamark and coated them with clear embossing powder and heat set, so they would have a shiny look. You could do the same thing with Crystal Lacquer. I used a brick patterned paper for the background, and adhered the wine bottle. I stamped the wineglass again onto acetate, cut out the part that would show the bricks through the part of the glass that was empty, and adhered to the background with pop dots. This let the bricks show through nicely. I stamped "Let's Celebrate" onto a scrap of red cardstock, then outlined it with gold leafing pen and adhered to the background with pop dots. I stamped "Happy Father's Day" on the inside of the card to complete it.


The following ATC (Artists Trading Card) features a stamp named Miss Kitty and a technique called Bingo Blast.

This is a fun technique using bingo markers that have been spritzed with water, but I have also used the starburst stains from Lindy's Stamp Gang, and I am sure there are other liquids you could use as well. Just spritz with water and slam them down on the paper for a unique background.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and that you will leave a post showing us your Father's Day card. Until next time...

do something crafty!

No comments: