Friday, December 19, 2008

A Moment of Thanks

Good morning! I'm sorry to have been away a few days, but it's the Christmas season and things are starting to get hectic, with all the festivities that go along with the season.

I want to take a minute to share with you a website called Moment Of Thanks. You can send a message to the troops, a picture, or a video. Let's not forget the men and women who are not able to be home with their families for the holidays this year because they are off defending freedom.

I think I shared this card with you last year at Christmas, but I wanted to share it again. I stamped the image (from The Angel Company) onto acetate and colored the back side with markers and acrylic paints. The acrylic paint is opaque, where the markers are transparent. Then I scrunched up some aluminum foil, then opened it up and mounted the acetate over the aluminum foil, adhering it with brads. I mounted this on a piece of dark green cardstock and mounted that on the tan card.

I will talk to you again soon....

No comments: