Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holly Christmas

This was a very easy card to make, but looks so elegant. I embossed the image with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then colored it with markers. Then I put stickles over all the colored parts. I stamped the Merry Christmas From The Partans and 2008 with a Just Rite Stamper (I have the round wooden one), punched it out and mounted it on a piece of red cardstock that had been punched with a scallop punch. I was very pleased with the way it turned out.

There is a little poem going around in some of the groups I belong to. No one has acknowledged who wrote it, so I will list it as anonymous until someone lets me know who wrote it. In case you haven't seen it yet, I wanted to share it with you. It goes like this:

Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him, "Hi Santa, " I said
"You know....good little girls should be in their beds."
"I know I should Santa, and now I've got caught.
But I was just so excited To see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look in this room where you work."
He shook his head quickly, and left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap, I'll see you next year!"
--Anonymous

I can totally relate to this poem, as I'm sure a lot of you also can relate to it.

The weather here is going downhill. It's getting windy and supposed to rain. I notice the whole east coast is having horrible weather today, so keep dry and warm where you are, and I'll check in tomorrow. Until then....

Do something crafty!

No comments: