Thursday, October 19, 2017

With Sympathy...

Good morning, friends. Still waiting for cooler weather.

Nobody likes to have to send sympathy cards, but occasionally it's necessary.  I found myself in that position this week.  A friend from a card swapping group I'm in lost her husband, and so I found myself having to make a sympathy card.  Since this card is going overseas, I didn't want a lot of bulk.


I grabbed some spray inks and spritzed white cardstock.  Then, when dry, I ran it through an embossing folder.  I liked the texture it gave.  I added some silver pen highlights to some of the embossed flower centers.

Next I got out some Stampin Up!™ flower stamps (Flower Shop #130942 and Petite Petals - retired) and stamped them in a light blue on white cardstock, punched them out and adhered together.  Added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in the center. 

I needed some leaves, so I got out my Gina K. Designs Stitched Leaves stamps, and die cut and stamped the leaved. 

The With Sympathy stamp is also Gina K. Designs, but I can't find the name of it, so it may be discontinued.  There is a beautiful sentiment for the inside that goes along with it.

Happy with the results, but sad for the circumstances.

Inky hugs,









2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Becky - I'm so sad for your friend - such a tragic loss for her, and everyone who knew her husband. Your card is incredible! I love the Classic Becky Artsy Style mixed with the pretty floral EF and flowers. You took something traditional and repurposed it into what appears to be a lovely mixed media masterpiece! Thank you for the tips about the leaves and sprays. It's truly beautiful! xx

Macimbalo said...

So pretty, I'm sure it will be of great comfort for your friend. Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.