Thursday, June 29, 2017

Candy from Paris

Good morning!  Hope ya'll are good.  It's hot as blazes here in Florida.  I can't wait for winter! Hahaha.  Jokes on me...winter doesn't get here until probably October, when the weather cools down a tad.  These hot, hot days just drain the energy right out of me.

Recently my niece and her husband went to Paris to visit.  While she was there, she brought me a cute little notebook from the Louvre, and also some chocolate.  Some from Paris and some from Ireland. I hoarded that chocolate and ate it a tiny square at a time.  And honestly, I couldn't tell you which was better.  One was milk chocolate and the other dark chocolate, but both were scrumptious.

The wrapper on the Parisienne chocolate was so pretty that I couldn't bear to throw it away. So I made her a thank you card with it.

My phone didn't do the picture justice. There are little bits of glitter on the wrapper.  Where the "weight" of the chocolate was, I cut a tiny piece of cardstock and stenciled in the year.



You can see the sparkly bits a little better in this photo.  There was a tiny butterfly on the back of the wrapper, so I cut it out and popped it up for added dimension.


Here is a closer picture of the year that I put over the weight area.  For the inside, I used the gold wrapper that the chocolate was actually wrapped in, die cut the "thank you" sentiment several times and glued them together to make it raised.  I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card before I gave it to her.  Sorry.

She loved the card and will keep it with her other mementos of her trip.




1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic idea to recycle the Parisian chocolate wrapping in a card, Becky! Maybe she will keep it for her scrapbook! It's a beautiful card! xx