Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Mermaid's Family...

Good afternoon.

Somewhere, over the weekend, I found a free digital image of a mermaid and her baby.  I am having internet problems and can't remember now where I got the image, but I love it!  Do you think it fits a nautical theme?


Isn't it gorgeous? I couldn't wait to make a card with it.


I am trying to learn how to color properly, with all the shadows and highlights, but I struggle.  I can see it in my head, but it doesn't come out right on paper.  So I shall keep trying.  I wanted to add highlights to the hair, but I haven't got it quite figured out yet.  :-)


There is a lot of texture in this piece.  The background is watercolor paper that was run through an embossing folder and then I colored the sea grass with markers.  The dark blue mat is glitter paper. The mermaid scales are glittered for shine.  I die cut a tiny starfish and glittered it to put in her hair. The bubbles are die cut from watercolor paper.


I die cut some underwater plants and shells. I also cut them out in fun foam so I could glue them together to give it added dimension.  I put a pearl on the shell and popped it up with dimensionals.  Everything is very shiny.  

Overall, I am very happy with the way this turned out.

See you again soon...

Inky hugs,



1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Ooooh! Becky, this is amazing, and YES YES YES, it's great for nautical theme! Gorgeously colored, and sparkly, with pretty die cuts. Here is the link to your image
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/464222674070526846/
xo