Friday, March 24, 2017

Butterflies and Spring

Good morning!  It's spring, but not so you would notice.  One day it's cool here, the next day in the 80's.  I think summer is going to be here before we know it.  I'm going to enjoy the cool weather as long as we have it.

For my card today, I wanted to use one of the backgrounds I had made with the Distress Oxide inks (see them here). I also have a butterfly die that I absolutely love.

Here is the card I made.

I apologize for the bad photo.  I can never seem to get the lighting right.    I trimmed the background paper, made with Distress Oxide inks, down. I die cut the butterfly and set aside (I can use this on another project).  I die cut another butterfly out of yellow cardstock to contrast with the background.  I put some black mulberry paper that has metallic flecks in it behind the die cut background.  Then I covered the die cut yellow butterfly in glitter and adhered it to the middle section of the die cut space. The wings curl up, showing the black mulberry paper under them.This went on a brown textured piece of cardstock and was ultimately layered onto a white background card.


Here is a close up of the yellow butterfly showing the glitter.  You can see the color of the background better, too.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Inky hugs,


1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

It's gorgeous, Becky! I can never capture all the prettiness of cards with a single shot, which is why I use multiple photos in my posts. Your oxide background is LOVELY! It looks a little like stone, a little like the beach's wet sand, a little like the reflection of a morning's sun rise on water, and a little like marble or granite! Beautiful! The mulberry background is quite striking. WONDERFUL colorful layers, too! Gorgeousness! hugs, de