Monday, May 23, 2016

Curves

Good morning!  I hope you have a fun and/or restful weekend, whichever you prefer. I got a chance to play a little this weekend, and it was fun AND restful, so I'm always happy when that happens.

I have been playing with Dylusions sprays and I love the results. I'm also in love with watercoloring at the moment, so I got to do a little bit of both.  Throw in some curvy dies, and it was heaven.


The first card was made with Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies.  I love these dies. I wasn't sure what to do with the card after I mirror cut the borders and inserted the patterned paper.  I was toying around with maybe adding some retro flowers or something like that. While looking through my stamps for stamps that would be compatible, I found the "Let your dreams take flight" stamp from Gina K. Designs,  and using a butterfly punch, I punched the white butterfly out of cardstock, and the patterned butterfly out of a scrap of the patterned paper, and the card was done.  I like that it looks like the butterfly just decided to take off out of the patterned paper.


The underneath panel of reds was one of the Dylusions sprays that I used. I made a bunch of these backgrounds one afternoon sitting outside at the picnic table while my chickens wandered around the yard catching bugs.  I have to supervise them when they are out so that hawks, dogs, or other animals don't get them, and it's the perfect time to play with these sprays.  I splashed some gold ink on the background, but you can't see it in the scan. 

Pearl and Harriet


When I came inside I die cut the white panel and glued it down on the red background.  I tried to mirror image the dies, and I think I did a pretty good job.


This was a water colored background I made, also while supervising the chickens. I'm waiting for them to hop up on the table and "help me out", like they did at Christmas time when I was trying to wrap presents and supervise them.  Might make for some interesting art.  

With this background, I flipped the dies so they are going in opposite directions.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with these 2 backgrounds yet. Maybe flowers, or maybe something else. My muse it keeping it a secret from me right now.  :-)


I turned one of the cards on the side, and it works that way, too.

Hope you've enjoyed my weekend art.  Have a happy stamping day.



1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

What beautiful die cuts, Becky! Your spray backgrounds are gorgeously colored, and the shapes are beautiful against the curved, white contrasting panels! Beautiful! Hugs, de