Monday, July 27, 2015

Father's Day

I apologize for the lateness of this post. I thought I had already posted it, but it is showing up in my draft folder.  So.....this is the card I made for my hubby for Father's Day.

Good morning!  Glad you could join me today. Grab a cup of coffee and I'll share my latest creation with you.

 With Father's Day fast approaching, I thought it would be prudent to get busy and make a card for my hubby. Even though he isn't my father, he gets a card from the cats and chickens.  :-)



I had already made the card during my watercolor experimenting, so I just had to add the sentiment. He likes to fish, so I know he will love the card.  I have a ton of sequins, and I thought the different sizes added a nice touch for the air bubbles. I always stamp bird tracks and paw prints on the inside from our feather and fur kids when they send him a card.   Yes, I know it's corny, but I get cards from them, too.  And it makes me smile.

My friend, Donna Ellis, has made me a beautiful sample card using my Special Place stamp, #275J-10.






Isn't this card gorgeous? She always makes such beautiful cards.  Why don't you go on over to her blog, Creative Smiles, and leave her a little love.




1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

I'm so glad you posted your hubby's card, Becky. The background technique is wonderful, especially with the large streak of blue running through it. The splatters are perfect!

Imagine my surprise when seeing your sweet words and photos of my card. A 2nd card has long been completed but I've not been able to sit at the puter to write the post! XO