Monday, May 18, 2015

Another challenge entry

Good morning.  I got to play some this weekend (it was my birthday), and I made another card for the Mod Squad Challenge .  I never really entered challenges before because I just didn't have time to figure out what I was doing, then do it, then post it, but these are kinda fun.

Anyway, the challenge was to use 2 or more sets of stamps in the entry.  I used two of Melanie Muenchinger's stamp sets, which are available from Gina K. Designs.  The first was Triple Play Frame, and the other was Gifts from the Sea.  I love both sets, so it was easy to combine them.

Here is my entry:

 

I embossed the turquoise cardstock then bunched it with a circle punch to fit in the circles.  The shells are cut out and popped up, and the gems between are turquoise.  I put a tiny bit of glitter on the sand part to reflect the light (but you can't see it here).  I love the way this card turned out and have just the person in mind to receive it.  :-)

My other entry I made last week also uses the Triple Play Frame, Fabulous Frame, and the Flowers and Frame Stamp TV Kit. I don't know who made the script stamp.  I just rotated the Triple Frame Stamp to get the side view.  I punched the butterflies and but little gems on them. The flowers have gold micro beads for the centers.  They are popped up off the fram.


I hope you have enjoyed, and I hope you get to do something crafty today.


2 comments:

Joyce Erb said...

These are great, I especially like the sea one...stunnung. cthm trees Kellilongley714@yahoo 98030

Donna Ellis said...

Becky! These are BEAUTIFUL! I love the sand-like background of your first creation, and those luscious South Florida colors. LOVE your fussy cutting, too - excellent job on the starfish in particular! It's amazing how the same sketch is used to make 2 completely different designs! They are so pretty in composition. The color combination in your floral butterflies is one of my favorites! So pretty with the black contrasts. I love how you are using the micro beads on flower centers.

Becky, I'm beginning to feel better. I have resigned from all my obligations, which frees me up to create my cards and have fun. I’m so looking forward to this change, even though I also enjoyed the design teams. This last exacerbation was a bit strong, but things have been worse, so this was not as bad as it could have been. THANK YOU for your beautiful get well card! How kind of you to think of me.

Unfortunately, I lost my email app during an update from MicroSoft. Now I am using Mac Mail. So I'm not sure if you were able to respond to my last email or not. Unfortunately, I lost the code for my wins to Bugaboo as well - but we shall see if I can obtain them from their email.

My easel card did not work out the way I had wanted it to, so now it is a regular style square card. It's pretty! I am thinking of putting each card on a separate post. If it is acceptable, I'll refer people to your blog to obtain their 10% off coupon for your store - how does that sound? I will send the photos in plenty of time for you to post to the store.

love,
de