Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pink and Brown Distressed Card

Good morning!  It's a beautiful morning here in Florida. I have been sleeping with my windows open and really enjoying the cool air.

A friend recently had surgery and I wanted to make her a special card while she recuperated.  I know she likes pink, so that was a must.  I had just gotten a Technique Junkie newsletter, and there were a couple of designs in there I liked, so I combined the techniques and morphed it into this card:

I used glossy cardstock and liberally smooshed a light brown ink on it.  I put the top half in an embossing folder and spritzed it with water before I embossed.  I repeated with the bottom half in a different embossing folder.  While it was wet I blotted some of the pooled ink.  When the piece dried it was much lighter and looked kind of highlighted.

I used the same brown ink on a piece of regular white cardstock. Then I stamped "Thinking of You". You can see how much darker it stayed when it was dry. (I didn't spritz it with water). I used a corner rounder then layered it on pink cardstock and rounded those corners as well.

I layered ribbon between the two embossed halves.  Then I punched a bunch of flowers from different sizes of punches out of patterned paper, then put them together with a brad and placed on the ribbon.

The whole thing is very distressed looking, so if you like that look, this is a great way to achieve it.  I really liked the card when I was finished, and I hope it brightened my friends' day when she received it.

Enjoy the autumn weather....

No comments: