Friday, August 6, 2010

Thinking of You Card and Blog Award

x
Hello and happy Friday.  I hope you are beating the heat.  Can fall and cooler weather get here soon enough?  I swear it gets hotter every year!

I dug out a stamp that I don't often use, the Lotus Blossom stamp from My Paper Moon.  I was in the mood to make a Thinking of You Card, and this is what I came up with.
It's a very simple card, with a pink cardstock base and a dotted swiss embossed layer.  I stamped the lotus stamp 3 times on glossy cardstock and used alcohol inks to color the images.  I cut them out and layered them, pop dotting the one in the middle.  Very easy to do.

My friend, Shelly, has given me a new blog award. Thank you, Shelly!

There really isn't anything stylish about me, I'm all about comfort, but I will accept it in the spirit in which it was given.  I am supposed to list 5 things about me that are stylish, and I am supposed to give the award to 5 other bloggers. So, without further ado, here are my 5 stylish things:
  1. I love shoes.  I wear shoes that are comfortable, but I have a closet full of shoes that I love to look at.
  2. I love purses.  Same as with the shoes. I probably have 100 purses.  I can say that I use them all, though.
  3. I love bright colored clothing. Blues and reds and yellows.  Lime green.  I got that from my mother.
  4. I am trying to let my hair grow long enough to donate to Locks of Love. It's very hard during the summer, because I have thick hair, so it's very hot. I don't know how you ladies do it. You have my complete awe.
  5. I love jewelry, although I don't wear it as often as I should.
Now I have to think about the 5 bloggers I am going to give this award to, so I'll have that in a future post.

I hope you have a great weekend. Hubby is entering a barbeque cookoff on Labor Day weekend, and he's going to practice with his teammate tomorrow, so I'll be eating barbeque. I hope you can stay cool.

And I hope you get to do something crafty!


No comments: