Monday, June 28, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Side Step Card

Good morning! I hope you had a great week.  I belong to Midwest Stampers Yahoo Group, and I joined a calendar swap, so I kept busy with that. My month is April, so I'm thinking April Showers and Easter.  I stamped a lot, colored a lot, and cut out a lot.  But it's coming along nicely. And it kept me in the air conditioned house.  It's brutally hot across much of the nation, and I hope you are keeping cool and drinking plenty of fluids to keep hydrated.

I was browsing some blogs, and found a card that I absolutely love, and I had to make one. It's called a Side Step Card, and I found it at Julie's Stamping Spot.  You have to be really careful to use the exact measurements she shows to make this card. Can I tell you how many I messed up and had to throw away?  Anyway, here is my card:



My camera is messed up, so I had to scan this with the scanner, and you can't really get the 3-D feel for the card. There are 3 "steps" on the right side of the card.  I used stamps from The Angel Company.  The little sentiment on the middle step says "flowers are the stars of the earth."

Also, I modified mine a little by putting the yellow cardstock on the 3rd step to make it a full sized card for my tulips to stand up on.

Anyway, I hope you find time to try this card. It's a lot of fun, and I can think of a lot of stamps that would go well with the 3-D-ness (is that a word?) of this card.  In Julie's samples, she used butterflies and flowers on one, and Christmas ornaments on another.  If you make this card, please share a link in the comment section.

Until next time, do something crafty!

No comments: